View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 05:46 PM
TheNextDaigle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Go onto Google's search engine, and search the definition of a "power-forward" in hockey. The majority of the websites will mention that the willingness to drop the gloves is a key characteristic of a power-forward. Too many users on HFboards assume that a talented and physical forward that plays first/second-line minutes is considered a "power-forward" (however, the forward is not willing to drop the gloves). How can I take your list of "power-forwards" seriously when you considered Eric Staal and James Neal as power-forwards.

These are players that I would consider as power-forwards in today's game:

Milan Lucic, Ryane Clowe, (potential) Marcus Foligno, (potential) Zack Kassian, and Jarome Iginla.
Yeah, I am not relying Google to define a power forward... A power forward to me is a player that plays physical hockey, and uses his body to create plays, create momentum (again: does NOT need to be a fight), and does so on a regular basis.

Again, how can you exclude every single player from my previous list as A) a power forward, and B) a better player than Lucic? I understand you like Lucic and all, but it is certainly not a knock on him to say that Ryan Getzlaf, or Jamie Benn are far superior players/power forwards...

TheNextDaigle is offline   Reply With Quote