View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I said back awhile ago ... with the potential GLUT of Goalies on the market this coming off season, don't expect to get as much for Bernier as Dean (and we) had hoped for.

Bernier only slightly upped his stock with his play this season, but there are going to be way too many goalies up for grabs ... that his stock goes down ?

- Ray Emery (CHI)
- Niklas Backstrom (MIN)
- Evgeni Nabkov (NYI)
- Thomas Griess (SJS)
- Nicoli Khabibulin (EDM)
- Mike Smith (PHX)
- Dan Ellis (CAR)
- Jose Theodore (FLA)
- Chris Mason (NAS)
- Anton Khudobin (BOS)
- Roberto Luongo (VAN)
- Ilya Bryzgalov (PHI)
- Jonas Hiller (ANA)

I know it's not going to be popular, and Bernier himself might not like it (oh well tough, suck it up kid ) ... BUT, I can potentially see us keeping Bernier ... might get messy, but this off season might not be the best time to move him ? sign to a short term extension and try again next year or the year after ? after the Goalie market shakes out in our favor. Plus IF we make another deep run, and Bernier just maybe gets his name on the Cup a second time ... maybe he'll accept that there are worse things he could be doing than playing back-up for a perennial Cup contending team ?

I don't see the drawback in our keeping Jb for another season if we have to. He is one of the best young goalies in the league and so long as he continues to develop and improve his game we end up with the benefit of his services and he continues to up his value.

If he decides to tank then nobody will want him and it will only hurt his chances of getting dealt.

And while I know that DL wants to take care of JB, a player who done everything asked of him by helping move him along there isn't any reason to make a bad deal in doing so.

If we end up with JB for another year then so be it. If we move him it will be for what we are looking for and really nothing less.

No reason why we should.