View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 05:02 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I said back awhile ago ... with the potential GLUT of Goalies on the market this coming off season, don't expect to get as much for Bernier as Dean (and we) had hoped for.

Bernier only slightly upped his stock with his play this season, but there are going to be way too many goalies up for grabs ... that his stock goes down ?

- Ray Emery (CHI)
- Niklas Backstrom (MIN)
- Evgeni Nabkov (NYI)
- Thomas Griess (SJS)
- Nicoli Khabibulin (EDM)
- Mike Smith (PHX)
- Dan Ellis (CAR)
- Jose Theodore (FLA)
- Chris Mason (NAS)
- Anton Khudobin (BOS)
- Roberto Luongo (VAN)
- Ilya Bryzgalov (PHI)
- Jonas Hiller (ANA)

I know it's not going to be popular, and Bernier himself might not like it (oh well tough, suck it up kid ) ... BUT, I can potentially see us keeping Bernier ... might get messy, but this off season might not be the best time to move him ? sign to a short term extension and try again next year or the year after ? after the Goalie market shakes out in our favor. Plus IF we make another deep run, and Bernier just maybe gets his name on the Cup a second time ... maybe he'll accept that there are worse things he could be doing than playing back-up for a perennial Cup contending team ?
There is a lot of old, average, and overpaid on that list. There is nobody on that list that posses the combination of young, cheap, an upside that Bernier does.

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 05-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.