View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
You would never draft a goalie in the first round, cause 7 years later you might not be able to trade him for the same pick in which he was taken?? Do Brian Boyle and Lauri Tukonen mean you should never draft a forward in the first round?
Come on, you know a goalie is a very different player than any skater. They take longer to develop, and being a 1st round pick is no guarantee of success. This is true of skaters too, but moreso for goalies. Use a #11 on a goalie? I don't think so. And 7 years later, you may wind up the same # drafted player...? so what? DL has nothing to show for this high pick, except for a handful of games? A 4th or 5th rd pick could have got the same "results."

Quote:
And Thomas Hickey mean you should never draft a defensemen in the first round??
What this means is that you need to follow the mock drafts of many (if not all!) hockey pundits who had Hickey going in the 2nd round (and who cares if Boston tried to trade up to get him). This was a no-brainer, yet the Kings got a big ZERO for a #4 overall.

Take your pick of any of these players that DL could have picked at #4: Couture, Perron, Gagner, Voracek, Eller, Alzner.

Quote:
(not that I disagree with you, but your reasoning is quite flawed)
my reasoning is awesome!