View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Trading for Yandle would be the worst thing Homer could do this summer. He's good offensively but he turns the puck over a ton and is a black hole defensively. If we're parting ways with Couturier, I would look else where for a defensemen.
We both know that's not true

While I think Yandle is generally over-rated (not a top end #1), he's a solid puck mover who plays adequate defense imo. He'd certainly produce at a significantly higher clip on a more gifted offensive team like Philadelphia. He does have a little of the Matt Carle-esque flair for the turnover, but given the architecture of the roster, he could easily be paired with a Schenn to form a very good top pairing. This would allow us to shelter Kimmo's minutes a little with Coburn or Grossmann, then line up Grossmann or Coburn with Gus to form a very balanced third pairing.

Now, all that said, Yandle is going to cost more than he's likely worth. That's whyI don't think it's worth the move. I'd prefer we improve through the draft, even if it means we are struggling to make the playoffs next season. We're not in a full rebuild, but we need enough re-tooling to realize that overpaying for Yandle at the expense of the longterm just isn't solid planning.