View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 07:28 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
Klefbom isn't and has never really been an offense first d man. The talk about him being a more offensive guy than Brodin around the draft must have come from Klefbom being a great skater with a nice shot but he's never really had much offensive instinct.
His offensive contributions are a good first pass, a decent shot and the ability to skate the puck up ice(one of the better players I've seen in this category actually).
Never really put up any big offensive numbers and doubt he ever will in the NHL. Unless ofc he develops that aspect as well, considering his development curve the last few seasons you never know, seems like a guy who really works on his weaknesses, but I wouldn't count on it.

I think very highly of him and don't think he'll be a black hole offensively but if he starts producing a lot of offense it's all bonus. He'll be the guy who turns Schultz into a Norris winner instead...
I don't think SEL numbers are good representative of NHL production for Swedish defensemen. Hell, an 18-year old Karlsson only put up 10p in 45gp in the SEL, while a guy like Rundblad put up 50p in 53gp at 19 and has done nothing at the NHL level.

And no, I'm not saying Klefbom is going to rack up points like Karlsson.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote