View Single Post
05-12-2013, 10:01 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
But DD seems to disagree. But hey asking him this question is like asking Claude Julien if his team dives.

Prust said this season was his toughest. And it was only a half season. Both funny and sad.
I think this is the reason we NEED a heavyweight enforcer on the team. So that other teams stop taking liberties on us during the reg.season and ultimately get our players tired.

The difference in entering the playoffs with a healthy prust and plek/gio/maxpac/eller ect... not having endured what they have during the reg. season is immense.

so here is a good example : I appreciated ryan white's tenure this year. He was that psycho that yes, cost us games, but made it easier for our players to play without being intimidated. he draw the attention on him in numerous games.

on a side note, so did emelin and his injury is in my mind, the turning point of our season. The opposition analyses our team and goes : ''only subban hits, get in his face and drill markov whenever you can. ''

but when you have bouillon and emelin healthy (and hopefully now tinordi) making it hard for the other team to enter the zone, other teams go '' they throw good hits at the blue line, be carefull. ''

the difference it makes over the course of a season is huge.

so we need that guy that will deal with plugs like Orr and kaleta and draw neil's attention. doesn't matter if he doesn't play in the playoffs, his role has a long term impact imho.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote