View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Mota

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well ya I guess so. Kinda like Carle in a sense. Honestly, I think the Yandle is a better Carle is a perfect comparison. If Yandle is on the team, he'd easily be a scapegoat for most people. I have watched a decent amount of Yotes games due to my old roommate being a huge fan and from Arizona. The guys defense is pretty poor.
Yandle would be interesting because he would bring a new element to their back end. He is a border line elite offensive threat (much better than carle) from the back end, which the Flyers havent had in forever. He would fit well with Lavy's system and probably flourish in it. I could see him putting up 60-70 points, which would be pretty significant...a whole new threat for this team.

That being said, I agree with you about his defense. He is not really that stud, all around, number one D man everyone wants because his defensive game is nothing overwhelming. I still think he would greatly help our defense, especially since we have guys like Grossmann and Schenn to stabilize our own end...but he is not worth Couturier at this point.

I would offer something involving Read, maybe even Read + 1st. I still dont think PHX would do that but if they did...

Yandle-Schenn
Timonen-Coburn
Gustafsson-Grossmann
Meszaros

That's a pretty balanced and solid defense. I doubt they would pay Mez 4 mil to be our 7th, but I wouldnt be against it for next year only. Injuries happen, he could give Kimmon to occasional night off and if he plays well could even be a trade deadline chip. If he gets hurt, then he can just join pronger on the LTIR.