View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 11:04 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
^^^^ this is why I would never draft a goalie in the 1st round, and maybe not even in the 2nd.
It's flawed logic. of the 60 NHL goalies (starter and backup for each team) about half come from the 1st or 2nd round. You don't draft a goalie in the first or second round, you bypass half of the leagues talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Kings fans are going to be very very disappointed in Berniers return... (judging by this thread and the TR board).

I'm expecting a mid 2nd if that. Maybe Kings get lucky and someone offersheets him after the draft and the Kings pick up an extra 1st next year. So they can move picks at the deadline again for a piece needed for the next run.
Why only a mid-2nd? Lindback, Varlamnov, Bishop, etc. have all fetched more than that and Bernier is as proven as all of them except Varlamnov, who had playoff experience at that point. I'm expecting 2 2nds and another pick or a prospect, or the equivalent thereof.

The real trick will be to whom Bernier is dealt. New Jersey makes the most sense, expect for the fact both Hedberg and Broduer are signed for one more year and have NMC's, but maybe Lou is willing to use a buyout on Hedberg.