View Single Post
05-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Losing Price and watching him achieve some great new ceiling full of cups and the sort does not scare me, it's the choice of the successor that does.

The mistake was made in 2005 when Price was chosen ahead of Rask and Quick, both of whom are undeniably better. That can't be undone.

But cutting losses and getting back in the game with a Backstrom or Luongo might be a zero sum game too. The team needs to get better in goal, not just change goalies.
Doesnt' scare me either. But losing a player of his talents does.

Everyone just needs to chill the **** out man. Seriously...

If he comes back next year and he sucks, worry about it then. He's been great for the better part of three years and then slumps. All hell breaks lose. If we dump him after a slump, what kind of self-hating sadist would want to ****ing come here to play in nets for us?

Listening to the BS being spewn in this thread, it's just hilarious. It is what it is though, that's Montreal. Always has been, always will be. I personally think Price is a great goalie and can lead us to a cup. You don't? Fair enough. But to cut him now is stupid. The guy's certainly earned another season here. And personally I expect it to be a strong one.

We'll see I guess.