Thread: Jagr vs Bourque
View Single Post
Old
05-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
Jagr was selected as the best player in the World by his peers. Bourque was not.
So the answer is obvious - Jagr at his best was more dominant than Bourque at his best. AINEC.
That's a bit of a two way street. If you want to say Jagr at his best (let's say 1999) is better than Bourque at his best that's no problem, but I'm not sure the reason being would be because Jagr has one Hart while Bourque doesn't. We all know the controversy over 1990. 1987 another year where he finishes 2nd and who in the world was beating a 1987 Gretzky for the Hart anyway? I realize Jagr also has some "close but no cigar" 2nd place finishes too, but it would almost come down to team needs if you are asking which player at their peak I'd want on my team. It is that close in my opinion really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
Bourque doesn't really have any flaws or dips in his resume while Jagr's are the reason why he's not a top-ten player all-time in my books.

Bourque.
That's pretty much it with Bourque. You can argue he was the best defenseman in two decades. That's just serious longevity from a career standpoint.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote