View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 12:10 AM
17Kurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I'm just annoyed with the atmosphere in this final series. The Winterhawks didn't take the fans out of the games, the fans took themselves out of the games right from the drop of the first puck.

Whether it's fair or not doesn't matter. The Shaw (Hitmen fans) commentators and Loubardias aren't the only ones commenting on the Edmonton crowds either. It's become a topic amongst Oil Kings media personalities and even the players based on their tweets over the past week. It's a sucky way to end a fantastic two year run.
Sad thing is that there probably would've been a bigger turnout if it was the Oil Kings on the verge of closing out the series. I think at least some people didn't give the Oil Kings a chance tonight and therefore didn't bother showing up to witness a loss.

Personally, I love Oil Kings hockey, but being a STH of the Oilers has drained the hockey out of me by now. Even so, I was able to make it out to game 3, which was a stinker, but still a lot better smelling than too many Oilers games this past season.