Thread: Prospect Info: 2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Luc Gretzky

vCash: 500
This is mostly baseless speculation, but I doubt Pearson is in LA's plans for next season, except maybe for a cup of coffee. Toffoli is most likely going to make the Kings lineup as a top 6 LW (they've already told him to get used to it), so I don't see how TP slots into the team... Same goes for Vey--let him develop as opposed to Richardson-ing him.

I bet Andreoff makes a strong case for 4th line duty with LA, possibly Cliche too. My guess of lines would be (assuming Penner and Richardson are let go):

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Toffoli - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Lewis
Clifford - Fraser/Andreoff/Cliche - Nolan/Andreoff/Cliche

$31,492,727 committed to forwards except for Clifford & Lewis.

Add $15,750,000 for Quick, Doughty, Green. That brings us to $47,242,727, leaving $17,057,273 to fill 4 D spots, and a backup goaltender. Would put us in a very good position to resign Lewis, Clifford, Voynov, Ellerby, Martinez, Muzzin, Regher and/or Scuderi, and a veteran UFA backup. This is assuming Mitchell is done.

I know this got very Kings heavy, but my main point was to say its very doubtful that Vey or Pearson will be in LA to start the year; Manchester will still have scoring depth. Weal will really open eyes playing a full season with top 6 minutes.

Last edited by Luc Gretzky: 05-13-2013 at 05:14 AM.