View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Frankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
im done replying to you about this stuff, you have no clue about the business nor how things work but yet open your mouth to call things farces and stuff but yet have no clue about them...you can pretend all you want to knlw what you talk about, but im a scout for a team in the league and been in this business to know what is needed for a team to have a future.
so its not your job, you're just a scout for a team. so they give you a team jacket and perhaps $1000 a year. that doesn't mean you know anything about the business. and again, you're not necessarily the only one with experience being involved with a team (I can't say "working" for a team because its not a job, its just something you do on the side for fun).

being personally involved obviously taints your view of things. you have a vested personal interest in continuing the charade, and you clearly don't want to hear any alternate views that call into question many parts of the hockey industry.

Quote:
lol to think a guy just walks up, hey im an agent...not like they work for big companies like Octagon or CMG and they have a license to be agents and not like all an agent does is sign a kid and that is it...i know a lot of agents and like all scouts we do our own work and reserach but if a guy i know says this guy is good ill send questions to the head scout asking if he knows of him and see if someone can get to see him sometime....
again, you've unintentionally further exposed the charade. these agents are your friends, you're all in this together for your own purposes. your agent friend comes up to you, tells you about some kid he "owns", and you get a road trip out of it and ensure your agent friend's kid gets drafted.

Quote:
and the draft being a charad LOL so one or two players in the whole draft if any in that year saying they are going ncaa make it a charad LOL please......you make it sound like we do not know what we are doing and walking around with question marks and just listening to what people tell us to listen to lol....duuuuhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
anyone can be a scout for a qmjhl team, its not exactly an exclusive club of brilliant hockey minds (no offense intended). so yeah, I think many don't know what they're doing and are heavily influenced by things they hear, especially things they hear from these agents.

Quote:
ya so agents must be doing something right, they seem to live pretty good lives...not like they are flying them all over the world lol...anyway this is last of my replying to these absurd questions, it is alright not to know much about the business but do not go on like you know everything about it and fight about the facts but yet show you do not know.
i'm not surprised you won't reply anymore because obviously you want to shut down any conversation that exposes this sham and calls into question the gig you have with a qmjhl team. that's understandable.

i'll throw out this question again though and maybe someone else can answer. why is there a draft at all? why can't a 15 year old kid simply sign with the team of his choosing?