View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
"He's done well with other parts of the game" doesn't justify a terrible powerplay. I certainly pin a lot of our problems on Slats just as much, if not more, than I do on Torts, but he's had plenty of talent over the last three years. There's no excuse for having an inept PP. If you're going to be a defensive team at even strength, your PP should be your most potent offensive weapon.
The most frustrating part about our powerplay issues, to me, does get pinned on Sather. And that's the lack of effort for him to actually do anything about it, outside of the one year he brought in McCabe at the deadline. That was flawed as well.

Sather is the boss. At some point, and I think we passed that point last year, he has to tell Tortorella that he doesn't care what the coach's opinion on it is, he's bringing in a coach to help with the PP. Then, he gives Tortorella a list of options and lets him choose the guy. It's more Sather's fault that we don't have someone else working with our powerplay than it is Tortorella's.