View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Diamonddog01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
I wasn't aware it was the GM's prerogative to determine the offensive system a team uses. How interesting. Good to know we can do away with the position of Coach.

For all the people, including Canucks fans, blaming Gillis for the Luongo situation; I ask, would you have counted it as a positive if a trade had been made and the Canucks had to go with Joe Cannata (of less than 1 years AHL and ECHL experience) or another random goalie in games 1 and 2. Would that have been a better result for the Canucks?
C'mon...the fact that they played Luongo in those 2 games does not absolve Gillis of horribly mismanaging the goaltending situation in Vancouver from day 1. The Luongo captaincy, the lifetime contract, not moving Schneider when many teams were interested, then anointing Schneider as the starter when the team could get a good return for him, and virtually nothing for Luongo...then not trading Luongo for a full year. This is among the most inept handling of any situation I have ever seen in professional sports.

Define better - we still lost those games with Luongo in net.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote