View Single Post
05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
vCash: 300
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Drewiskie helped the Habs finish second in the East this season when they needed experience at the blue line. Bergevin did excellent by backing out out of Clowe and other high price rentals.
Do you know how I know you don't know what you're talking about? The team played Drewiskie for 9 games and lost 5 of them. He did nothing and brought nothing to the table.

And "backing out of Clowe" should not mean grovelling for Raffi Torres and missing out on him by the deadlline. But alas.

Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Who can honestly say they expected the Habs to win the Cup this year, or make it very far in the playoffs, or even to make the playoffs at all?
I did. From even last year I didn't believe in the tank because I thought we had a playoff team. Beginning of this year I thought we had a playoff team too - we're a fast, talented team with a tendency to settle for mediocre players and mediocre coaches because our organization doesn't insist on greatness thought it loves to posture toward it.

I figured Bergevin would instill some pride but we're back to settling for 38 year old French guys to play major minutes, extensions to sucky players and never landing the big fish. It gets exhausting being a Habs fan sometimes.

Who can honestly say that given this team's history of INDISPUTABLE GREATNESS that we have the best team and coaching we could possibly have? Is JJ Daigneault really the best assistant coach available? Gallant? Was Therrien honestly the BEST option? Was Bouillon the only option at the #6 slot?

Stop absolving Therrien for his inadequacy and unpreparedness. He's not getting fired but he has only 1 year left on his contract and I hope Bergevin pays close attention because two fantastic coaches are available right now, maybe more after the playoffs and anyone would pick them over Therrien.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote