Old
05-13-2013, 11:37 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I doubt the Flyers would be able to obtain two picks in the teens by dropping a few spots. After the top 7 or 8, opinions start to vary enough on rankings that the player at 11 would be just as worth the player available at 14, unless of course one of those top guys falls and then is it even worth trading the pick. If the Flyers were willing to move back to the late teens or early 20's with Calgary or Columbus, they might be able to snag a really late first rounder for such a move which would be fine by me. When drafting defensemen, it is always better to draft in bulk since they are so hard to predict.
Idk. I could see a team moving up if there is a guy they specifically want. The #11 pick won't get you two picks, but the #11 plus something else might if the guy the BJs want is there at #11. As has been stated here ad nauseum, teams value guys differently in the draft. If Pulock is available at #11 and that is the guy CBJ wants and he is ranked atop their board, I could easily see them dealing two of their picks to nab him. Of course, the situation has to be right. I don't see that trade going down before the draft, it would likely be when the Flyers are actually on the clock.