Old
05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I think my issue with your line of thinking is that we aren't going to get a Timonen or Pronger or Pietrangelo or Doughty type defensemen that can move the puck and be a rock on defense unless we draft one, but for now acquiring a talented offensive defensemen with the roster we have would not be a bad thing. When Kimmo retires who do we have that can move the puck? Frankly I'm not ready to give Gustafsson the benefit of the doubt that he is going to be the offensive puck mover we need on the back end. I think he will help, sure, but who else do we have?
My line of thinking is that it's not worth it to destroy what defensive ability our forward corps has, especially with Feds likely gone, just so we can have a defensively poor puck mover to fill out our 5 or 6 top 4dmen. It's poor long term planning. Keep Couturier. Draft dmen. build properly. There is no magic bullet out there at this time, and you don't toss away your very promising young prospects for one dimensional stop gaps.

Hell, with the current goaltending situation they aren't going to be contending any time in the forseeable future. Might as well develop and build properly.