View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Nonsense you are simply totally buying into the woe is me they are going to relocate so we have to bribe them with public funds to make sure they don't move. As Replacement said in another post it doesn't matter what happens now because if things do sewer the NHL: team will be coming back hat in hand.

I would say the bigger concern about an economic downturn is all the rosy predictions of how much development and thus tax revenue the city will get.

You simply can't have it both ways and no matter what the economy does the city is still way more at risk than the hockey team. The city is fronting all most everything so if things go south and we don't get the kind of development everything is being based on the city loses 1st and foremost.

I'll make one very very easy precondition righto now, as easy as the prediction made a year or more ago that provincial infra money would be used for the missing $100 million.

All of this development will start off slower than hoped and the city will have to give 'incentives' for people wanting to develop in the way of lower taxes.
again, where will this new team play?