View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Redwood Original
El Presidente

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Listening to Lowetide today is scaring me. He believes that it's a center or bust. He thinks that with Musil, Klefbom, Gernat and Marincin in the system that we won't be looking at defencemen with our first pick. He believes that if Monahan is gone that we trade down and draft Lazar.

I like Lazar but this management group is getting ridiculous. We pass on Jenner to draft Musil (because we needed defence) and now were going to pass on Nurse for Lazar. I'd rather have Jenner an Nurse than Musil and Lazar.

I asked Pronman (on Lowetides show) about having Lazar ranked 29th and he basically just said that he questions his offensive upside.
Say Lazar turned out to be Ryan O'Reilly and nothing more, nothing less, isn't that exactly what this team needs? People have been pining for an "O'Reilly type player" for two years, and now everyone wants to avoid choosing a guy who is a very solid bet to turn into exactly that?

If we miss out on guys with a better overall game, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, why not make the "safe" pick? The overall game, character, drive, enthusiasm, that Lazar brings to the rink is everything the Edmonton Oilers lack.