View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 01:10 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
I'm not saying don't sign Cullen; I'm just saying I'd prefer a younger option who'll likely be here longer. In other words, just skip the bridge all together and sign the right guy. Furthermore, it doesn't make sense to sign Cullen without buying out Horcoff (I am a huge supporter of using a compliance buyout on him, so Bryanbryoil I agree). What I'm saying is that if I'm Cullen and only have a few years left, I'm not choosing the Oilers because they're not ready to win yet, he likely won't accept a 4th line center role, and the Oilers already have Horcoff as a 3rd line C. Since many of us believe Horcoff isn't getting bought out, what incentive is there for Cullen to sign here?
Money. The biggest incentive there is, ha ha. He`s already won in his career, and if the Oil sell it right (need a guy like Cullen to move to the next level, blah blah blah), it could happen, although I agree that its more likely that he goes to a contender.

That said, it makes perfect sense for the Oilers. I don`t see why we can`t play Horcoff at 4th line center and have Cullen at 3rd line center. Cullen is better than Horcoff, and should be played 3rd line, 1st pk unit. Horcoff showed this year that he is still NHL caliber, but putting him out there on the 4th line, occasional shut down duty on a line with Cullen, and pk time is the best way to use him now. Bringing Cullen in would actually give us 4 quality NHL centers, something we`ve needed for years, as well as some added depth that we also desperately need, and a veteran who knows how to win. He may not want to come here, but he`s the perfect target.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote