View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Listening to Lowetide today is scaring me. He believes that it's a center or bust. He thinks that with Musil, Klefbom, Gernat and Marincin in the system that we won't be looking at defencemen with our first pick. He believes that if Monahan is gone that we trade down and draft Lazar.

I like Lazar but this management group is getting ridiculous. We pass on Jenner to draft Musil (because we needed defence) and now were going to pass on Nurse for Lazar. I'd rather have Jenner an Nurse than Musil and Lazar.

I asked Pronman (on Lowetides show) about having Lazar ranked 29th and he basically just said that he questions his offensive upside.
For once I agree with Lowetide, the idea that we'd take a D and possibly wait 3-4 years for him to develop is a scary proposition given where our team if currently. That said I'd still be trying very hard to trade up and secure that center. Carolina is the perfect team to talk to in that regard. I'd happily overpay if it meant us walking away with Barkov or Monahan. I would be all in and nothing short of our big 5 would be on the table to land that player.