View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
DousedInOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
For once I agree with Lowetide, the idea that we'd take a D and possibly wait 3-4 years for him to develop is a scary proposition given where our team if currently. That said I'd still be trying very hard to trade up and secure that center. Carolina is the perfect team to talk to in that regard. I'd happily overpay if it meant us walking away with Barkov or Monahan. I would be all in and nothing short of our big 5 would be on the table to land that player.
I would love to trade up and make sure we get that center. However, everyone wants to move up in the draft and its easier said then done. It's kind of funny watching the mock draft go from team to team on HF. Everyone is hoping for Monahan to drop to them and want to move up to try and get him.

As far as the weight goes for defencemen, we've been saying that for 3-4 years. They take a while to develop but top 4 defenceman are always a rarity. It's not like Lazar will jump right in either. I'd rather just trade the pick for immediate help to someone who does value Nichuskin or Nurse highly. (Philly comes to mind).

I'm just not a fan of trading down in general. I think you grab the best player available for your organization and fill need with other moves.