View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
If Gallagher wins, its also because he is a Montreal Canadien. More voters from Montreal, more votes for Habs players. That's why Subban will win the Norris, why when the results come in Galchenyuk will have received 4th place votes, why Jose Theodore won the Hart trophy over Jarome Iginla back in the day. The writers voting for these awards are b.s., they are too biased to decide such things.
I know, the Habs players always win all of the trophies due to that Montreal bias. That must explain why our last Calder Trophy winner was Ken Dryden back in 1971-1972. If Subban wins the Norris it will be because he deserves it as much as Suter or Letang. Oh, wait, that Habs bias might kick in. It isn't like we had our last Norris winner back in 1988-1989, right? There is no bias towards Habs players when it comes to winning trophies in the NHL. Go back and look at what Theodore did for the Habs that season. He was as deserving as Iginla would have been when you look at how well they both played and what they helped their teams to achieve.

By the way, Galchenyuk COULD have been selected as one of the nominees for the Calder this year. His numbers were quite impressive when you consider he was just 4 points behind Yakupov while playing 2:14 less per game with less than half the PP time that Yakupov had. Galchenyuk was also a +14. You think if Galchenyuk played another 100 minutes on the ice he might have gotten a few more points? You know, it isn't like Yakupov outscored every other rookie by a significant amount.

Man, you guys don't have to be bitter towards the Habs' players. I said it would be equally acceptable to me if Yakupov would have won and you all act like I said Yakupov sucks. It isn't my fault, nor the Canadiens' fault that Yakupov was left out of the Calder voting. Find someone else to blame.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote