View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Common Misconceptions

Quote:
"Gaborik doesn't show up for big games, Rick Nash won Olympic Gold!"
The 2nd part is true, Rick Nash did win Olympic Gold, as a passenger on the most stacked team in recent history. Let's compare their Olympic totals:

Nash Olympic Stats: 13 GP 2 G 4 A 6 PTS
Gaborik Olympic Stats: 13 GP 7 G 5 A 12 PTS

Quote:
"Rick Nash has never had linemate help throughout his career!"
Well neither has Gaborik, outside of Pavol Demitra and a washed up Brad Richards. He put up career highs with Christensen and Prospal.

Quote:
Gaborik never shows up for the playoffs, a notorious playoff choker and soft player.
Gaborik in his sophomore season with the Wild had 17 pts in 18 GP. The Wild were the 7th seed I believe. Those 17 pts were only behind Scott Neidermayer and Jamie Langenbrunner, players who played one more series than Gaborik. Yes, Gaborik had a disappointing postseason in 2011, but in 2012 he was still the team's scoring threat with one good shoulder. It is extremely tough to play with a torn shoulder labrum and I doubt we get past Washington without his OT winner and PPG play that series. Rick Nash was completely neutralized in his first series against the Wings and the same is happening this year against the Caps. I see no reason to believe Rick Nash 'plays much better when it counts'. He has yet to prove it.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote