View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 02:33 PM
HeyRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPete22 View Post
Hi everyone, new to this board, but been a follower for quite a while.

I have a question regarding jerseys. It's been a while since I have bought one (Rangers Messier in the 90's, back when they were made by CCM).

My girlfriend ordered me a premier Callahan jersey from the NHL shop online for my birthday and once I saw that the name/numbers were heat-pressed it was sent right back. I then did some research and got ordered one from IceJerseys. After waiting about a month for it, I received it and there was a snag in the material (a manufacturer's defect), so I sent it back to IceJerseys (on a side note, their work was amazing, I do highly recommend them to others).

I came to these boards and read that ArenaWear does the customization for the Rangers team, and I live literally 3 minutes from them. I spoke to them (a nice gentlemen named Scot) and while they don't usually deal with the public they said I could bring a jersey into them and they would help me out.

Here is my dilemma, I can't decide to buy a blank authentic or blank premier and bring it to ArenaWear. In my head it is hard for me to justify buying a $300 authentic plus the cost of customization only to wear a few times a year and risk getting ruined by spilling beer and food. Also, I have no idea what my size would be in an authentic (I'm about 6'1, 280 lbs. barrel-chested and big bellied). A XXL in the premier fit well and I could fit a hoodie under it if needed.

With all that being said, my question is two fold. For those of you who know authentic sizing what would your suggestions be for my size? Would there be anything wrong with going the cheap route and buying the blank premier and having ArenaWear doing the customization?

Thanks in advance for those willing to help.
I am 5'11 and 225 and I like a 52. Little big under the arms but good around the waist. I would say at least a 54 for you.