View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
When the Blues went and got JBo, my first thought was that he's insurance so that when either Pieterangelo or Shattenkirk sign with another organization, that they're covered with their top pair.
No doubt the Blues expect to lose one of them and will take the compensation in return from the signing team. There is no sensible reason why they would have three defensemen pulling down $18M collectively.
The blues are in an interesting situation next year. They do have the money to have all 3 guys but I think they would listen to a trade for Shattenkirk if it involved a good forward. I know fans love Simmonds, but he is the best trading chip the Flyers have. Unlike Couturier, Read, or B. Schenn, nothing of consequence would have to be added in any deal involving Wayne. It would suck to lose him, but I think it would hurt the team more to trade multiple high end assets, like Couturier + 1st, instead of just him. Plus the UFA crop for rights wings isn't too bad with Clarkson, Iginla and Horton there. Simmonds for Shattenkirk is a deal I would do for the Flyers.