Thread: Mats Zuccarello
View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Zucc36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Not so fast. This is old news, question is where he actually ends up. Zucc is an RFA, and his market value has increased. I'm not so sure he'll sign with the Rangers for a mill if he's offered 2 mill elsewhere. But the Rangers will probably meet his true value, he deserves that.
Offer sheet? Doubt it. Very seldom happens in NHL.

IMO I see only to options:

1. Rangers gives him a QO, two way contract. No chance in hell that Zucc will accept this, and he will return to KHL, and will be a UFA after that season (turns 27 in 2014).

2. Rangers resigns him on a one way deal, whick he will accept. Donīt think money will be an issue. I think a long term contract is more important than his annual salary. I could see him getting signed for 2-3 years, $1-1,5M+ bonuses.

PS!
As far as I know, Zucc is still under contract with Magnitogorsk. He is now on loan with the Rangers. If Zucc donīt sign with a NHL club for next year, he will finish his contract in KHL. If he signs with Rangers, his NHL clause kicks in, and his contract with Magnitogorsk is terminated. That is what I have understood anyway.