View Single Post
05-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Dark Shadows
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MadLuke View Post
We would have to look if winning percentage going down on second game in 2 nights is a normal thing and the no mario their sample size is small, change just a game and the 5-5 become and excellent 6-4 win/loss ratio.

Also probably that without mario their power play was lost a bit, worst that when Mario is just never their and they are use to score without him.
Well, I don't really get it.

Ill go by what I saw that season. Mario was dominant as usual, and a clear head an shoulders above Feds. or Jagr for that matter since that is what the thread is about. In the games Mario Missed that I caught, it did not look like the same team.

People can look at "numbers" regarding Feds goals for/Against all they want. The fact of the matter is, his beautiful numbers were largely due to his team as well as his personal skill.

As I said before, There was a reason Osgood was runner up for the vezina, and Yzerman was also a finalist for the Selke, and why 3 Detroit defensemen were neck and neck together in contention for a Norris spot.

Enough people have already pointed out that Mario was out there with the lesser teammates at ES, while opposing coaches still were throwing everything at shutting him down, letting Jagr and Francis have a lot of extra space.

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote