View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Sethis

vCash: 500
On Halak, I'd say the Flames' need, cap space, and lack of urgency for a long time answers with solid G prospects makes them the perfect fit. He isn't the answer here in any case, we need a solid 1B--not someone who will be in a pissing match if he rides the pine behind Dubnyk.

But I've been wondering about a potential match for a trade between us with Sam Gagner and the Devils with Adam Henrique.

They need more scoring up front and have just locked up a similar payer to Henrique in Zajac long term. Also, Kovalchuk's best years came playing with a similar player to Sam in Marc Savard.

We need to upgrade sandpaper/size/intangibles in our top 6, specifically at C, and Sam might have outpriced himself for our collection of forwards. Henrique has the clutch blood that Ebs has, centered Hall on one of the Memorial Cup teams, and would slide in perfectly between those two on a scoring line. Also, he is a MacT player through and through.

I imagine we would ask for a little bit more back considering his regression and Gagner's breakout this year, but not much. Maybe a pick or two. Considering both are RFAs, the cap space thing won't be a deterrent to getting something done.

tl;dr - Gagner for Henrique and a 2nd or a 3rd, do you do it?