View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
What cracks me up is people acting like power play goals somehow don't count on the scoreboard
Don't get me wrong here, I do in fact value even strength points over PP points.
If you gave me the choice between 100 point players where one has 60ES and 40 PP/SH vs a player with 40ES and 60PP/SH, I would lean towards that first player.

Easy recent example is Karlsson vs Subban. Now, while I am a huge Subban fan, his almost a PpG scoring in this past shortened season, it was mostly on the PP.
Karlsson is much better offensively at ES and I have no issue saying that Karlsson is the more talented offensive D-man.

Best example is Bourque vs MacInnis. Bourque is clearly the better overall offensive D-man out of the two.

One always has to remember that there are ways to limit PP goals against. Namely, being more disciplined and staying out of the box.

That said, we are certainly not talking about an even split or trade off here between Feds and Mario.
We're talking about a player with GP-70 ES-73 PP/SH-88 vs GP-78 ES-65 PP/SH-42

It's really not close, even, as I showed earlier, with Fedorov's superior (and pretty team driven) ES ratio factored in.

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote