View Single Post
05-13-2013, 07:28 PM
dialed in your mom
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You really think so? Halak was looked at as a goalie who was just about equal to Price and his return was okay, and that is with Halak having more experience at the time of his trade, coming off a spectacular performance during the playoffs.

Would you move Quick to make room for Bernier? That's what I'd contrast as what Montreal would be doing if they made such an irrational decision. It falls in line with something Mike Milbury would do, trading Roberto Luongo because he could draft Rick DiPietro.

There is more than just experience separating Price and Bernier. And I'd ignore what Habs fans/media write about Price. It's the same city that chased Patrick Roy out of town.
My comparison is based on overall skill of the two players. Other then that you may be perfectly right. I see JB for what he is and that is one of the most positionally sound goalies in the NHL today. He still has a few things to perfect but he is on his way and the only real way to move forward is by being a starter. I would take JB over Price.

I would move Luongo to keep Schnieder if that helps. As for the Quick Jb thing it would not only be unfair to move Quick over JB but I also think that Quick fits our style of play a bit better. If Quick were out (god forbid) for a serious amount of time I would be fine with JB stepping in if he had to. If it were for a full season it would be fine with me.
That is as close to an answer to your question that I can give really.

JB is the better goalie over Price in almost every way imo. Where he isn't experience will make up for the differences. That is what I was referring to.