View Single Post
Old
09-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Tb0ne

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Vancouver's coach said that Jannik Hansen might not make it this season but he's definatly going to be a part of the Canucks future. So far this preseason he has 1G and 1A, and is +3 I think. Also the year Hansen was drafted another Danish player was drafted (Peter Regin to Ottawa), who was aparantly quite abit more highly touted, but hasn't come over to North America yet.

I don't know what to say about Kim Staal, but given the comments of Nashville fans in a post I read while he probably has the talent to play in the NHL they have enough depth that it might make it hard for him to make the team (and that is probably the reason he was sent to the AHL).

Frans Nielsen was fairly highly regarded, I havn't been able to find out anything about how he's played during the preseason. We should have some indications if he's going to make it after he plays this season in the AHL..
I've read that he is considered Denmark's best player.

Kirill Starkov was aparantly a late cut at CJB's camp last season, as for this season I'm not really sure. Either way I think they just wanted to get him into the WHL to get him better adjusted to North American hockey.

Morten Madsen appears to be scoring slightly under a 3 PPG clip, if he does that over a full season.. I'd put my money on him making the NHL at some point. But I'd recommend asking Minnesota fans how he played at camp and what his future there might be.

http://www.internationalhockeygang.o...ead.php?t=2354
This post, has a fairly good review of Danish prospects, past, present and future. And that future seems like it might be getting even better given some of the reports.

Tb0ne is offline   Reply With Quote