View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 07:59 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
So about the thought process of Blum being able to easily replace Franson on the roster
LOL! I had forgotten about that. In fact, the conventional wisdom from the Poile crowd was that "Blum had already surpassed Franson."

I haven't really watched Franson this season, seems to be coming into his own and has a couple of bright spots tonight. It's clear that Blum is not better than Franson.

I chuckled earlier when they said........"Franson.......acquired along with Matthew Lombardi in exchange for Brett Lebda and Robert Slaney."
That's the most absurd trade ever.

Had to search around but found a few gems:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Blum was MUCH better than Franson last season, and at the time of those comments that's all we had to go on. Regardless, I don't think Franson would solve any of our defensive problems, and going forward I would still rather have Blum than Franson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Are we still talking about Franson? If he was so valuable to us or so good, he wouldn't have been a throw in a trade as a salary dump. He had plenty of time to show his value and within 2 games Blum passed him by on the depth chart and was considered the number 3 D-man in Nashville.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Blum with his regression is still more useful than Franson.
Quote:
When have I changed my thinking on Franson? He's a third pairing guy at best. We have better guys in the system. Blum leap frogged him on the depth chart as soon as he showed up.
Quote:
Blum jumped Franson on the depth chart last year.

Last edited by gopreds19: 05-13-2013 at 08:50 PM.