View Single Post
Old
01-03-2004, 10:50 AM
FerrisRox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
Kaberle is useless to us.

I wouldn't call a 25 year old D-man whos able to put up 45+ points a year unless to a team thats in the bottom half of the league in goals for (and only one goal away from being in the bottom 10).
The Flames defense is deep and skilled. Tomas Kaberle is not a Sutter-type player by any stretch of the imagination. If Toronto and Calgary were to talk trade, I highly doubt Sutter would ask about Tomas Kaberle. A defenseman that shys away from physical play and tends to wilt in games where it gets tough - which is a big part of Sutter's style of play, is exactly the kind of guy they DON'T want, 45 points or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
Making the playoffs is great, but how far they goin to go? Are the Flames going to beat the powerhoue teams in the west? Then the best team in the east (probably either the Leafs, Senators, Flyers or Devils), of course they aren't, not at this point in time. And the ONLY reason they would trade Igilna (now or later) is because of salary, the Flames can afford to pay him the 7+ million he'll be making. And they would take a prospect (or at least Steen) because hes the same age as the other young fowards the Flames in their system and on their team and would completement they very well
).

Let me ask you, did you think last year's Mighty Ducks team could go far in the playoffs? Did you think they were going to go far in the playoffs. Calgary has a hard-working, very well-coached club, that is playing extremely well. To trade their best player and top source of offense would be silly. But if they were forced to do so, why would they turn around and trade him for a defenseman that doesn't suit the team and a defensive forward prospect? You then go on to allude to the fact that there is 'pretty much no chance' they can advance out of the first round.

That's absurd. Good coach, commited players and a goaltender that leads the league in GAA and save percentage and you don't see them having a chance for an upset?

Last edited by FerrisRox: 01-03-2004 at 09:14 PM.