View Single Post
Old
01-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Foppa

vCash: 500
Name: Byron
Occupation: Architect...at a firm that does mostly health care architecture (hospitals, clinics, offices)
Favoite Music Artist(s): Anything and everythng...right now the two CD's I am listening to are Thursday's "War All the Time" and the soundtrack from Kill Bill.
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld, Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, anything on the History Channel. Ooo...forgot PTI. That too.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Not a big reader...last thing I read for fun was probably the novel "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. Its based on the historical Battle of Thermoplyae when 300 Greeks withstood 50,000 Persians for several days before all getting slaughtered. Makes the Battle of Alamo look like a walk in the park and its a great read.
Favorite Av: Tanguay and Forsberg and Sakic and Foote...ughh, okay I'll say Tanger just to be different.
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury and Adam Deadmarsh1.
Favorite non-Av: Shane Doan, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Ossi Vaananen.
Next or other favorite team: Coyotes and Sens. Also cheer for the Hurricanes...because they need some support.
How else is hockey in your life?: Finally got Center Ice in my new pad...so I watch every night basically that I'm home. Have ESPN 2004 for the XBox but prefer playing simulated management type games. Have a fun little one called World Hockey Manager and am eagerly awaiting the release of SI/Sega Eastside Manager.
Favorite Av moment: Tanger's first goal in game 7 against the Devils when he wrapped around behind the net, came out along side and lazered a bullet through a peahole past Brodeur to send the home crowd into mayhem.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: EA Sports NHL (the original...'93) came out and I saw the name 'Sakic' and thought to myself...thats a cool name, I'm gonna like the Quebec Nordiques. He scored all my goals when I played for Quebec but he was friggin' awesome. Still didn't really follow hockey on a daily basis but they were my team.

I also hated the Wings before the Avs even came to be...mainly because the other team I decided to like was the Devils and the '95 Cup Finals were when i really started watching hockey a lot more closely. I don't like the Devils as much anymore though since we had to play them in the Finals. I used to like the Kings as well, but that quickly changed after a couple of playoff rounds. Thats just how it works for me.

Interestingly enough...I hate ever other sports franchise to ever originate out of Denver. I'm from Kansas City...the Broncos are public enemy #1. The original NHL Rockies were taken from Kansas City. The Nuggets and Rockies could be playing in Mongolia, thats how apathetic I am towards those two franchises. But for some reason, when the Nords moved to Colorado...my love for them increased. Don't ask me why. Perhaps it was the nickname, perhaps the jerseys. Maybe just the fact that I was now very much attatched to guys like Sakic, Forsberg, Goose, Lefebrve, and Kamensky.

But now, along with the Jayhawks in basketball, they are one of the two teams I live and die with, emotionally speaking.

Last edited by Foppa: 01-03-2004 at 11:24 AM.
Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote