View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Torts gets a lot of hate but the man coached a hell of a game tonight. There's plenty of blame for Torts when things go wrong, but he deserves some credit when the team comes out and takes care of business in such a convincing manner in a Game 7.

The transition game was the best I've seen in some time, the Rangers attacked and did not let up even though they led for most of the game, and they played responsibly and disciplined.
It was much better. The reason why was the caps were getting dominated along boards in our own end. That means if the Rangers were getting pucks to their wings, they could just move straight ahead into the caps zone.

However, that is going to be tougher against the Bruins who have considerably more size and grit. Still, it wasn't so much that we changed our game plan on our breakouts. The Rangers players were just competing WAY harder.

The biggest thing I saw from Torts in this game was that the Rangers attacked pretty much the whole game. They rarely gave up on a chance to play in the Caps end(even when they had the lead). Thats huge. That is what I was saying before the series began...attack the caps D.