View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I like how people here think Boston would have traded Lucic and that "ten minutes" changed their minds.
I don't think it's going too far to say that if the Bruins would have been the chokers in that series (and it was looking like they were for most of game 7)... the Bruins would likely have blown up some pieces on that team.

Listen to Lucic himself after the game... he basically said that were it not for that comeback... he doesn't think that team would still be all together next season.

Realistically you blow a 3-1 series lead and go down in 7 games in the first round and you can expect a shakeup on a vet team like Boston, especially when they made an early exit last year as well.

Lucic is an obvious target for other teams and the way he played this season, I don't think it's a stretch to say he would be on the trade block.

Could you say those ~10 minutes and OT saved some Boston jobs? Definitely possible. The game is all based on results and if the Bruins weren't getting them... the GM basically HAS to make some big changes. They aren't a rebuilding team and 2 1st round exits in a row just don't cut it in a major hockey market like Boston.