View Single Post
Old
09-28-2006, 11:23 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
Obviously the jest of the post was clearly over some folks heads.....Allow me to break it down to the simpelest form......The coach IMO (only) is the wrong fit for the team and the time,.....The players are fine. This team needed a creative bright motivater. Someone like the guy in Carolina. I just think hiring a guy who could'nt win in Detroit because of his lack of motivating and poor line chemistry was a bad choice for a young team. Especially a young team. Lewis coaching mentality is more suited for the old NHL. His mentor is Bowman and the league is very different now in many ways then even three years ago..........You dont get more old school then Bowman. And Lewis does not come with the respect of Bowman. Lets not forget Lewis FAILED with 100 point hockey clubs in the playoffs, that had high expectations not close to being met. Which I beleive projects his motivational skills. Listen we are stuck with the guy for now so I hope I am wrong.......I just dont think so.
how much respect did Belichek have coming here? he worked for the great Bill Parcells a HOF coach and bombed out in Cleveland.....he started 5-11 his first year and 0-2 his second year, my math says that is 5-13. Cripes, your pissing and moaning over a preseason loss. I am not the biggest Lewis fan but I think he will be very good from what I've seen.

From my view he is

balanced
creative
knowlegeable
articulate
positive

I probably need to care more and take preseason losses a bit more personally, I'm sure I'm as big a Red Sox fan as you are Bruins but I feel kinda guilty now after going last night and having a great time- awesome weather, great company, a couple of beers, super atmosphere, watching Baldelli, Crawford, Ortiz, checking out the youngsters like Murphy, Pedroia, Delmon Young, BJ Upton.....I realize I just don't get it- I should hate Francona and be PISSED