View Single Post
Old
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Nightslyr

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
Obviously the jest of the post was clearly over some folks heads.....Allow me to break it down to the simpelest form......The coach IMO (only) is the wrong fit for the team and the time,.....The players are fine. This team needed a creative bright motivater. Someone like the guy in Carolina. I just think hiring a guy who could'nt win in Detroit because of his lack of motivating and poor line chemistry was a bad choice for a young team. Especially a young team. Lewis coaching mentality is more suited for the old NHL. His mentor is Bowman and the league is very different now in many ways then even three years ago..........You dont get more old school then Bowman. And Lewis does not come with the respect of Bowman. Lets not forget Lewis FAILED with 100 point hockey clubs in the playoffs, that had high expectations not close to being met. Which I beleive projects his motivational skills. Listen we are stuck with the guy for now so I hope I am wrong.......I just dont think so.
1. Let's wait for this team to make the playoffs before we start worrying about whether or not it will fail in them.

2. One could just as easily say that some of the Red Wings grew complacent after their success under Bowman and were content with their three Cups. A similar thing happens in the NFL (see Law, Ty who's gone from sinking ship (NY Jets) to sinking ship (KC Chiefs) after winning three Super Bowls).

3. It's the preseason. Relax, Francis.