View Single Post
Old
05-13-2013, 11:01 PM
iceberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Continue ignoring what I said, which was over 2 years, the Avs' offer would have been worth more. Let's look at the first 2 years of his Sens contract vs the 2 years he would have been paid with the Avalanche.

Avs
3.75 per year

Sens
2.75 year 1
3.00 year 2

That looks like more to me.

Or let's use the AAV, the Avs still come out on top.

The bottom line, was that the Avs offered MORE MONEY on a shorter term deal, and AAV has to be considered since that's an important part of contract offers, and the Avs offered more in that regard as well.
Ignoring what you said?? I already acknowledged that the Avs offer had a bigger AAV. But that does not equal more money. He got around 13M instead of the 7M the Avs offered. How is that LESS MONEY???

Actually, comparing the two contracts makes no sense since they have nothing in common.

Quote:
Did the Avs only offer 2 years? Yes, did Anderson negotiate off of the original offer? If his people did we sure as hell never heard it, unlike what we heard from the O'Reilly negotiations this past summer (not just TPS, but people like McKenzie and Dreger were talking about it as well).
Do you really believe that he or his agent never negotiated with the Avs?? Do you REALLY believe that??? Do you believe that they never informed the Avs that they wanted a long term deal???

Quote:
The original post never mentioned length, which you keep bringing up, and I am not denying that he's making more money, but he's getting that extra money for 2 more years of service.
The original post said LESS MONEY, and that is just wrong. I mentioned the lenght because IIRC that was the reason why Anderson was so pissed. Because he felt like he deserved the trust from the Avs, the trust he ultimately got from the Senators.

Quote:
He could have made his money here by not playing like he didn't give a damn about the team, and then forced the Avs to pay him more or made even more money as a UFA.
He could, but that is his choise to make, not yours or mine. He wanted insurance and i don't blame him.

What happens if he gets hurt? What good does the AAV serves him then??

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote