View Single Post
Old
09-28-2006, 12:00 PM
galiano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetznaz75 View Post
A little Info on Jannik Hansen, from a Dane.

Jannik Hansen started his career in Rødovre, Denmark. He broke into the Dansih Elite League in 2003. It was quite obvious that J. Hansen possessed a good shot, netting 12 times in 35 games (he was only 18 back then). The year after he produced 17 goals in 35 games. He was back then a physical player/power forward taken his "small'ish" size in consideration. A very talented forward for Danish measures. Jannik Hansen chose to keep on playing in DK, as he would presumably log a lot of icetime in DK, both in PP and PK. Normally talented Danish players move to Sweden and play in the strong Swedish junior tournament, Hansen never did. Although some Swedish teams were interested in signing him. This could be the reason why he was selected late in draft (ninth round). Had he played in Sweden, I recon he would have been selected a bit earlier.

J. Hansen has played two WC pool A torunaments for DK. The first wasn't a succes, as he got injured in the first game of the torunament (hard check to the boards). The second (this year, 2006) was a succes. He was a physical threat, played nice and "gritty" and scored a beaty against Kazakstan (huge wristshot). After a year in the WHL, he looked really good in the WC, both physical as well as on the offence.

The question could then be, how will Hansen develop over the coming years? Is he gonna develop into a typical third or fourth liner in the NHL and become a grinder/physical threat, or will he play one or two years in the AHL to improve his offensive skills and become a regular goal scorer in the NHL? Since I haven't seen him play in the WHL it is impossible for me to say, but personally I hope he will make the NHL in some time (only the second player in DK history to do so if it happens, first player was Poul Peter Popiel).

A little info about Danish hockey.

There are 18 rinks in DK and roughly around 1000 active players all in all.

Other Danish prospects include Frans Nielsen (Islanders), Kiril Starkov (Columbus BJ).
Kim Staal, 28, was a part of the Predators camp this season, but didn't make the team.

Hope Jannik "Lionheart" Hansen will do fine the coming season

Any question, feel free to mail me.

Great report ! Very nice to hear from someone who knows this much about one of our Euro prospects. We are all cheering for the underdog from Denmark.

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote