View Single Post
Old
09-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Jake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
Question, what is the deal with Peter Regin, is he still considered the better player over Jannik Hansen? and if you had to guess do you think he'll ever come to North America. Just curious because I was suprised he hasn't tried to come over yet.
Depends on who you ask. At this years Worlds, Regin did play better than Hansen, I think. But that being said, Regin played in the senior Elitleague in Sweden last year, and I don't think he played any junior games at all. Hansen, however, played junior all year in North America, and didn't get to attend Team Denmark's camps during the year (they have quite a lot of icetime together before the Worlds), and perhaps most importantly, was just getting used to more physical play. Regins play is more finessed and speedy, while Hansen plays more gritty, and were used more as a checking forward than a scoring forward.

As to why Regin is not coming over, he's playing on the top lines in Timraa in the Elitleague of Sweden - I guess he thinks that's just as good as playing in the AHL / Juniors.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote