View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 01:36 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Everyone seems so convinced that Snider is pulling all the strings behind the scene. I can't see that at all. There's no way a guy like Clarke would have stayed in Philadelphia for so long if that were the case. Same with Holmgren. There's no way that those two guys would stay and work in that kind of environment.

On top of it, ex-employees that leave would certainly speak up if Snider were doing things like that. Al Davis he certainly isn't. I'm sure that he's a very hands on owner, but I also think he's not the kind to interfere with how the GM will do his job.
Pretty sure it was Sniders call on the Carter and Richards trade and the Bryzgalov signing. He wants a Cup before he dies. I dont think Snider was always this "hands on" but in recently he is getting more involved so I wasnt talking about when Clarke was here.
The Al Davis comparison was probably a bit of a overstatement, but there is no denying that he desperately wants to win a Cup before he passes away. he doesnt want to wait 3 years.