View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 01:12 AM
King In Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Yup, those 2 wins will definitely make the Leafs into a contender next season. Well, that or Kadri, Bozak and Lupul will shoot 12%, the Reimer/Scrivens tandom will save 91% and the Leafs will miss the playoffs. Whichever strikes you as more logical.
Habs have nothing but question marks going into next season , it doesn't make us look good to compare our defeats like some kind of moral victory. The point I was making was very simple I'd much rather be watching game 7 hockey right now and be losing then going down the way we did. I also believe that winning 2 games when down 3-1 is not an easy task to do and does build important character maybe not some emotional catalyst but still important enough to give momentum going into the upcoming season.
Will one of our rookies sophomore slump? Will our GM fill out our top 4 D with a proven talent? Will Price take the next step in his career and resolve his consistency issues?
Will DD regain form? Will Eller be the same player he was before the game 1 incident (I can't wait to see him play with confidence next season to eliminate this doubt in my mind). Habs had a hot streak when many teams were having a hard time finding their footing early on , we were saved by a shortened season which allowed us to finish 2nd (let's not act like the way we were playing near the end was anything but abysmal). It's very simple I'm no Leafs fan nor am I unrealistic but I believe if the tables were turned Habs fan would be singing another story and would be content of the game 7 appearance and mock the Leafs fans for bowing out in 5.