View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll say this about Carter and Richards and I'll leave it at this - they signed mega deals, yet they were still moved. You aren't moving players who sign those big contracts unless there's something really wrong behind the scenes. Holmgren can profess his love for both players, but there was something really wrong behind the scenes when both guys, who signed contracts for double digit years, are moved with a blink of an eye.
This is not proof of anything. Hypothetically speaking if there was something wrong behind the scenes it doesn't mean there was anything wrong with them. For example if the rumored locker room issues were true it could have came down to Pronger or them. Pronger was completely unmovable with a NMC and a 35+ contract with 6 years remaining on the deal while they were much easier to move and much more attractive to other teams. Let's face it. Pronger is a dick and it would be of no shock if he caused friction in the locker room. He is the kind of guy that is only liked by fans if he plays for your team. Otherwise most people despise his prickly nature. It would also be of no surprise if the Flyers hitched their wagon to the wrong horse as they have done the same exact thing with Bryzgalov.

I think the fact that 17 & 18 have made two finals appearances including one championship shows that their recreational activities were overblown by the gossipy nature of the media.