View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So what you're saying is because Yakupov earned and received more ice time this is somehow a detriment to his case? In what world does that even make any sense.

Maybe that other guy didn't get enough ice time because he wasn't good enough to receive it? Or are you going to say he only got more ice time because the Oilers were crappy? Laughable.

And grow a thicker skin. You're in Oil country.
Yakupov didn't necessarily "earn" more time than Gallagher or Galchenyuk. Different coaches, different philosophies towards the development of young players. I didn't say having more ice time or more games played was a detriment to Yakupov's case, either. I said that Yakupov's points total was not that far off from either Gallagher's or Galchenyuk's and that Yakupov had more ice time and games played which quite likely accounts for the whole 3 or 4 point difference. I also never said the Oilers were "crappy", just that there is an argument to be made for Gallagher winning the Calder. Try to follow the thread, kid.

My skin is plenty thick, by the way. Comes with old age. I am also NOT in "Oil Country" (wow, hearing it like that makes me think of some redneck hillbillies I knew in Kentucky), I am typing away on my keyboard in good old Montreal...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote