View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 11:04 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Well posting a Ryan Lambert article to prove your point is kind of counterproductive. I mean really...

Drama queen much? Is he getting the vapors? HOW WILL HE SURVIVE THIS HORRIBLE VIOLATION OF HIS HUMAN RIGHTS?

Look, I'm a fan of MAF but his play this series has been indefensible so I have no problem with him sitting. I think last year he was bad but only a symptom of a larger problem and that's true in most of his playoff failures (game 7 against Montreal being a big exception). I also think most of us know exactly what we're getting with MAF - a guy who is good and fairly reliable for the most part but not great. A guy who can steal a game here and there but rarely a series. These are the kinds of things you deal with in goal when you have lots of highly paid stars unless you luck into drafting a Henrik Lundqvist. And before anyone says it - yes, I think MAF is overpaid.

That said, I will never take anything Lambert writes seriously. He seems to fancy himself the poor man's Mark Madden of Puck Daddy, always taking the same easy shots at the same easy targets and saying "edgy" things to be controversial. He's a click bait troll. Even when he makes a valid point it gets lost in all of the snarkiness and frippery.
In my defense, I was a lot less concerned with the source (jackass) than the line (funny . . . really funny) on that one.