Old
05-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Signature
Real Maple Syrupô

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
There's a sense of irony here I think. Almost like a paradox

1) Before we shouldn't cheer to lose with criticism that it wasn't fan behavior?

2) But now we cheer others to win to better our cause?

I ask, what's ultimately the difference?
Getting too deep, bro. Scale it down a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
You wanted the Pen's to lose stating multiple times that moving up in the draft was more important than watching Iginla raise the cup. Now you agree that it doesn't really matter?
He's saying that he cheers for the crest on the front, not the name on the back. He probably doesn't dislike Iginla but he's all about the Flames, which Iginla is not currently a part of. But you're actually off-topic here.

What I think he is acknowledging "doesn't really matter" is whether in the latter parts moving up or down 1-3 draft spots makes much of a difference, which is true - a lot of teams make a gamble on what they seem to feel is the "best" project player that could hopefully top out as top 2 pairing/top 6 players... but most teams can't really judge that fully and are all guessing past the 10th pick, most likely. It's the luck of the draw between drafting Jeff Carter at 11th overall, Hugh Jessiman at 12th, or Dustin Brown at 13th overall in 2003.

It'd be nice either way to have as high of a pick as possible. I'd like to see the Penguins pick (at hopefully around 26-27) for either two second-rounders or packaged for 17th-ish overall.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote